Saturday, August 22, 2015

August 22

One of the nice things about training indoors is that it gives me the opportunity to sleep in on weekends so I did just that, getting about 9 good hours of sleep. Let me tell you, it sure felt good.

The plan for today was for a good 2-2.5 hour session on the elliptical again today. and for motivation I found how to loop You Tube videos so I was going to have a continuous loop of the Last Chance BQ -Chicagoland course although it now appears that they changed the course direction for this year. That's neither hear nor there, still have to run it either way.

After downing my coffee, infused with UCAN, it was time to hit it. Since I'm still fasting the plan was to take it easy and not overdo it. I wasn't too worried about keeping the HR up as much as I was getting in the time.

For the first 10 minutes I went at the lowest resistance to get warmed up before I jumped to 2 and then to 3 after 15 minutes. I could tell this was going to be a bit much but I wanted to see how far I could push it.

For the most part it was a pretty steady session over the first hour and a quarter where I would from time to time bump it up to 4 or go in reverse at 2 or even go normal at 2 depending where my HR was at. As I was approaching the 1 hour mark though I felt like I was tiring out and started to loose focus. I was leaving the door open enough for BBW to make his voice heard.

I wasn't going to have any of this so at 1:15 I took a quick break, peed, hydrated and got back on the machine. For the next whatever I pretty much just kept it at 2 and focused on the course video on my monitor. The fatigue was gone, with a little help from some ENERGYbits, and with my mind back on track I just had to make myself keep going.

On more than one occasion I wanted to end early but I talked myself into pressing on. Not so much because I was tired, on the contrary, I felt pretty good. It was more out of boredom. Still, with the race only 3 weeks from today, I need to build some endurance. Finally I settled on 2:15 as being a good time to stop.

I really don't know how people do the long treadmill sessions day in and day out, it would kill me. Sacrifices must be made though. I'm much better off doing this low impact training and letting the PF heal up as opposed to trying to push myself to the limit when I am less than 100%. And it is feeling a lot better.

Other than that, I'm happy with the way the fast is going as well. I'm down 5 pounds since Monday and hoping I will be down another 10 by next Sunday. It makes such a big difference to run lighter and I want every advantage I can get.

Tomorrow is another day and I will be at it again after a good night's sleep.

Week ending August 22nd - 7 hours elliptical

No comments:

Post a Comment